(keitai-l) Re: Sharp GX20

From: Benedict Evans <ben_at_ben-evans.com>
Date: 08/21/03
My view is that the 3650 and the 7650 ( or the 6600) aren't really
consumer devices - they're for techies, gadget freaks and
early-adopters. Whereas the GX20 or 7210 (no bluetooth, no outlook sync,
no c++ applications etc.) are aimmed at the 'man in the street' - which
is where the real money is. And while the 3650 and 7650 are good at what
they do, the 7210 is best described as a piece of cr*p.

I think there's a broader question here as to whether 'smartphones'
(symbian or MS) will grab the market for all phones other than the
bottom end of the market, or whether they'll only get the high-end, with
most people happy with the 'japanese-style' closed platforms.

-Benedict