(keitai-l) Re: i-mode (Europe) technical evolution

From: Mark Frieser <mark_at_consect.com>
Date: 09/04/03
Admin,

You "found" this?!?  You're actually asking 110 Euro for information that's
easily obtained from the DoCoMo website?

I mean, hey, let's not work too hard here - its totally worth someone's
money to get a pie chart with a 91/9 percent revenue split - but you could
have at least used two colours - people may have a hard time breaking out
the blues you're using.

For Christ sake, if you're going to try and sell your research in this
manner, at least tell people this is a solicitation or add some value to
what anyone can get form the DoCoMo website.

FYI, (for you next brilliant chart) as to SMS/MMS interoperability - it
depends - in Japan, most people don't even have access to SMS on their
handsets (FOMA, some PHS), preferring email to communicate.  So issues if
interoperability at this point are really kind of moot there.

Anyway, outside of that, MMS/SMS in Europe with imode handsets is according
to the individual carrier, not whether or not they are imode.

Really, if you are going to try to sell metrics and research, do us all a
favor here and don't insult our intelligence with a stupid chart for 110
Euro that breaks down 91/9 percent for the imode business model.  It's a
disservice (all of us on this list already know this breakdown) and makes
you and you company look amateurish

Mark

On 9/4/03 9:37, "Admin" <statsadmin@statsmine.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> The DoCoMo's revenue split for payment commissions over the i-mode
> network. Commissions are split between DoCoMo's (as operator) and the
> content provider. I found these out
> http://www.statsmine.com/item.php?id=10141
>
> I am not too sure about SMS and MMS interoperability though,
>
> Hope that helps
>

> This mail was sent to address mark@consect.com

Mark Frieser
Consect
+1 917 855 2669

Join 200 High Level Wireless and Music Executives for a day of networking,
case studies and technology solutions at the Mobile Music Conference,
November 14, 2003.

For more information on attending and sponsorship, visit our website at
http://www.mobilemusicon.com

--

Ventura Highway, in the sunshine.