(keitai-l) Re: Max HTML sizes on keitai

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 09/16/03
> My recent experience suggests the former, in that a page with four 5K
> images would not load completely on to a 504 phone, which has a 10K
> cache limit.  Part of the page and 1 and a half images were displayed
> making me think that 10K was the max size of the web page including the
> images.

That's exactly right and was like this since the beginning.
DoCoMo writes on an older page:

4.3. Data volume per page

    * Please ensure each page uses less than 5KB of data volume.
      (Depending on the tags being used, some pages cannot be displayed
      even though they contain less than 5KB of data.)
    * The data volume per page is calculated by adding the data sizes
      of image files to the data size of the HTML text.
    * We recommend a data volume per page of less than 2KB.

http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/p_s/i/tag/s4.html

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp