(keitai-l) Re: Increased i-mode spam?

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 09/19/03

> > Actually don't worry the BIND root servers are being patched to kill =
off
> > this the work around would take you longer than waiting for the BIND
> > roots to be updated (which will kill off Verisigns B.S.)
> =

> I'm a little dubious as to how the root servers could possibly work
> around this.  In any case, Verisign runs several of them, so I can't
> believe they will all be patched in this way.

I believe the patch is basically that root servers are only supposed to
return NS delegation and never A records so the BIND patch simply
ignores A records returned from the root servers when NS was expected.
Easy.

			/ Jonas
-- =

Jonas Petersson  |  XMS Penvision  |  mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se
Box 3294, V=E4stg=F6tegatan 13, S-600 03 Norrk=F6ping | http://www.xms.se=
/
Tel: +46 11 400 13 00 | Dir: +46 11 400 13 05 | Fax: +46 11 10 30 50