(keitai-l) Re: SIM and J2ME

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 09/24/03
Web mail is great and I think every mail-box needs a Web interface
and allows access from wired or wireless Internet ... like Yahoo!.

I think at least we are talking about 3G here, cdma2000 and UMTS.

au/KDDI says its cdma2000 network will become wireless ADSL, then
all the data hosting and application services we have now on
the fixed Internet are valid for the wireless Internet.

SIM card can be the data cache of the server if response time or
coverage are issues.  it's walkman cassettes, Gameboy cartridges,
and a wallet which contains cash notes, coupons, tickets, train pass,
credit/bank cards, and also happens to have subscription data of
one or more operators.

handset manufacturers and operators want to define their own GUI?
a user may rather have customized environment across all networks
... that support Java, ... or those that support BREW.