(keitai-l) Re: symbian/docomo

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 09/27/03
"George A. Arriola" wrote:
> They still are unsure as to which flavor of Symbian will be deployed on
> all future handsets. I, personally hope they head down the UiQ OS flavor,
> but Series 60 is cool too.

It's not exactly an either/or. UiQ is rather pen centric while Series 60
is more keyboard centric, and then there is the more complete Series 80
(for the 9210 etc). As you may know (mentioned earlier on this list),
Series 60 currently sports a rather crippled Java which makes it pretty
useless for anything but games - though I personally think native
Symbian makes more sense for minimised apps anyway.

				/ Jonas

PS. Good job fixing the message encoding on the list - I still think
HTML should be blocked (or ripped), though. DS
--
Jonas Petersson  |  XMS Penvision  |  mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se
Box 3294, Västgötegatan 13, S-600 03 Norrköping | http://www.xms.se/