(keitai-l) Re: Mobile Alliance

From: J. David Beutel <jdb_at_getsu.com>
Date: 10/09/03
On 8 Oct 2003, Tom Hume wrote:

> I agree, but there's more to building usable worthwhile services than
> RAD. This is nothing new: it's the same as with software projects, where
> actual coding is a small percentage of overall effort (in most well-run
> projects: 20% ) and design, planning, testing etc. make up the rest.

Nevertheless, the platform you choose will impact more than just coding.
For example, suppose you can't set any cookies or include over 500 bytes
in a GET request--that could impact your design.  The platform also
determines what tools are available for testing, maintanence, etc.  It's
important.

11011011