(keitai-l) Re: Mobile Alliance

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 10/09/03
> Obviously design / testing takes the most time - but before proper
> tools existed, the fact that one could do basic testing in a browser
> cut testing time quite dramatically. In the past, my guess is that one
> could simply get code that displayed consistently out the door faster
> using imode-html.

There are now companies who provide you with 260 handsets to test on:

http://mysta.flexfirm.co.jp/product/test.html

In our best Nooper times, we were never able to test on more then
86 handsets.

What people often forget is the fact that Keitai browsers are "hardware"
(or better a integrated part of hardware) and there is no way of
simulating all of them. So the whole process of designing an application
for "software" (Windows etc) or for "hardware" (something you have to
feel) is very, very different.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp