(keitai-l) Re: games

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 10/17/03
The wildest example of this sort was an advertising campaign
by one of the world's largest corporations in Newsweek and
similar magazines some years ago with the slogan
"we are everywhere in Asia for you" or something like that,
and there was a map of East-Asia with blue water where more
accurately drawn maps show Japan...
I use a copy of this advertisement sometimes in talks...

Some presentations in the press of global market shares
of mobile phone handset makers also sometimes leave out data
for Japan...

Gerhard

Jeffrey L. Funk wrote:
> For those of you with access to the wall street journal you might check
> out the article entitled "Making Games
> For Cellphones Is No Easy Play," which is in the october 17 issue. as
> usual the WSJ ignores the Japanese market (the author of the article
> wrote an article a year ago that said that US firms now dominated the
> mobile Internet) and only discusses the problems of profitability with
> the western game developers.
> Jeff Funk
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
                                        http://www.eurotechnology.com/