(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone, DoCoMo will not launch 3G 'until it works'

From: Tom Hume <tom_at_futureplatforms.com>
Date: 10/17/03
To be fair, if the title is braindead then it's a reflection on the
Vodafone person who actually used the words "until it works"...

But the article is interesting. It reflects a view from Vodafone that
there isn't a pressing need for 3G to deliver data services right now,
and a slight on existing 3G services.

And if Vodafone don't believe that you need 3G as a prerequisite for
mass market data services, then perhaps we (the industry) can look
forward to other companies getting involved in mobile data sooner,
rather than waiting for 3G?