(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone, DoCoMo will not launch 3G 'until it works'

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 10/18/03
Hi Nick

By my experience in developing services for operators I see Vodafone
and the others EU operators much more behind DoCoMo on the
content strategy that on technology.

EU operators are incredibly static in opening their walled gardens to
new
content developers and this is actually slowing a wider adoption.

I still have to see one interesting service originally developed for
a mobile context. Navigating through those "m-services" contents is
a frustrating experience.

Here in Europe the best thing you can do is buying a smart-phone
capable of reading html pages to access interesting internet content.

For instance my 3650 has been useful for me thanks to the very
powerful Opera browser and I am very happy to be receiving
a TREO 600 soon.

So the "when it works" doesn't sound realistic as could be "when we
have decided what to do"

Ciao

giovanni bertani   mobile vas consultant and analyst
exsense  italy