(keitai-l) Re: Economist Mag on the PDA and Smartphones

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 10/20/03
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Jeffrey L. Funk wrote:

> ...when in Japan, about 40 million phones were sold in 2002 and in
> 2003 and most of them can be defined as smart phones.

Hm. So you don't have to allow people to be able to develop and run
arbitrary programs in order to qualify as a "smart phone"? It seems to
me that if that's the case, phones are hardly likely to replace PDAs:
just take a look at the difference in software available for a Palm
device and any keitai.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org