(keitai-l) Re: The N-Gage (again)

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 10/27/03
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 nfgman@gamesx.com wrote:

> It is, however, better than most PHONE pads.

Not hard. My phone pad is so crap as a controller that I never
play games on my phone, despite the fact that it came with a great
implementation of a game I really like. It's just too frustrating
without a good controller.

> ...screen is vertical, which is a design choice I
> have no problem with, but some do.  Historically more than
> 95% of games released in the arcade are Horizontal

I find this difficult to believe, given the number "portrait format"
games out there. There are tons of space-invaders style games alone.
Or are you talking about recent releases. It's quite possible that
companies are tending much more to produce horizontal format games these
days because it will be an easier or better port to a console.

But some games are more suited to a vertical format, and for some (e.g.,
Pac Man) it doesn't really matter.

Not that this makes much difference, given all the other problems that
the N-gage has.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org