(keitai-l) Re: Japan plans mobile phone pay plan

From: <Martyn_Williams_at_idg.com>
Date: 10/29/03
Hi Ken,

I have a Suica and Edy card and don't have any problems at the ticket gates
although AM/PM never seems to accept my card unless I pull it out of my
wallet and press it up against the cash register.

When the application providers finally get their act together and allow
cards from other issuers to hold their applications thing should work
better I hope. The current Felica cards can hold around 40 applications but
I understand there are business and legal reasons holding up, say, Edy
being loaded onto your Suica.

Martyn

                      Ken Chang
                      <carigate@yahoo.c        To:       keitai-l@appelsiini.net
                      om>                      cc:       (bcc: Martyn Williams/NEWS SERVICE/IDG)
                                               Subject:  (keitai-l) Re: Japan plans mobile phone pay plan
                      10/29/2003 02:09
                      Please respond to
                      keitai-l

does anyone know when you have a number of IC cards within the range,
how the technology will guarantee that the station communicate with
and only with the wanted one?

the JR gates sometimes have problem to access my Suica card, wasting
me a second or two when I have other IC cards in the wallet.