(keitai-l) Re: High-speed 3G KDDI

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 10/29/03
This is not an issue of the data transmission rates, but
of the processing power/throughput of the handset and
the various levels of memory, cache memory etc of the
handset, settings of the built-in browser etc. You can
count on these to go up.

Gerhard

wbc@tkk.att.ne.jp wrote:
> With regard to KDDI's recent announcement on high speed network,
 > does anyone know how this will affect browsing on the web?
 > For example when browsing a page that has not been optimized
 > for PDA or keitai browsing using a non-FOMA Docomo,
 > the page is usually cut off with a message saying that
 > the page length is not supported. I am not sure what
 > this is due to but will the new high speed KDDI units
 > overcome this?
> Thanks,
> Bill Claster
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html