(keitai-l) Re: linking TVs and phones

From: Michael Sydenham <michaelsydenham_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10/29/03
> > Sounds unlikely to me. Pointing the phone at the TV implies some form of
> > communication is going on and TVs don't send anything out by IR, just
>
>If the phone receives any amount of normal light through the
>IR port then it would theoretically be possible to send sixty raw
>bits per second through TV video.  That's easily enough for a
>product ID or URL to be sent to a phone over the course of a
>commercial.

It works by a phone sending coded info via IR using the phone's IR port. It
is pretty straightforward. Refer to the previous URL with diagram.

>As nifty as this stuff is I'm pretty confidant it's all pointless
>until it's easy.  If the phone/TV trick requires you to find your
>phone, open it, press a button (or 4) to activate the mode and
>then hold it against the TV's flashing ID square then it's not
>going to succeed.

The hardest part of this system for the end-user is opening the i-appli, or
maybe it is a machiuke, so in that case it is always available (if set).

Regards

Michael