(keitai-l) Re: question about A5402S

From: Michael Sydenham <michaelsydenham_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10/31/03
>From: "Tomash Bednarz"

Hello Tomash

>But is it possible to download to mobile some java KJX using USB cable ?

yes it is.

>Yesterday I asked in yodobashi and they showed me set (also with PacketOne)
>- but the price was awful - 14000 yen.

Basically Casio makes the software, MySync. It used to be fairly cheap
because it wasn't bundled with a cable & maybe wasn't taken seriously. Late
last year, KDDI took MySync off the market & they changed the product -
added some features, renamed the software to MySync Biz, included a USB
cable & raised the price. I don't know what the price is now - if Yodobashi
showed you Biz & it was 14000 yen then there's your official solution &
price.

>I want to use my computer to transfer data - not internet - so if u know
>any
>cheap solution please advise.

I think this is almost impossible but FWIW, the cheap solution (which I
doubt you can find) is to try to locate a copy of the previous MySync
version & buy the serial cable separately. If you are very lucky enough to
find this, then the downside to this is the configuration update files are
released by Casio assuming you have the Biz version, though with some effort
you can edit these files yourself.

Good luck.

Regards

Michael.