(keitai-l) Re: port of i-mode to other cultures

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 11/03/03
Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Jonas Petersson wrote:
>>Again, generally I'm pretty much on your side in this, but I guess it
>>depends on your definition of a PDA. Even my ancient iPaq 3600 would fit
>>a PCMCIA card with for instance the Nokia PhoneCard (it comes in GPRS
>>flavour too). More modern PDAs, such as the Tungsten W, have this built-in.
>
> Yeah. But they're not "always connected," which is a very key point.

The GPRS model certainly COULD be always connected, my 7650 sure is (if
I've told it to).

>>True, they are hardly low-end (but neither is the 505i, right?) and
>>possibly somewhat bulkier than your average keitai...
>
> Much, much bulkier. They make even the Sherman Tank of keitai, the So505i,
> look small and light in comparison.

Right, but then again *I'm* pretty bulky myself - can't say I could
reliably type on a much smaller keyboard than what the 9210/Tungsten
comes with. Like with the PS2 handpiece, perhaps the size issue must be
added to the porting equation at some stage?

>> [Blackberry]
> The
> keyboard is actually quite easy to use, and quite a bit faster for
> input a telephone keypad.

This exactly why I refuse to part with my "bulky" 9210...

				/ Jonas
--
Jonas Petersson  |  XMS Penvision  |  mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se
Box 3294, Västgötegatan 13, S-600 03 Norrköping | http://www.xms.se/