(keitai-l) Re: AW: port of i-mode to other cultures

From: Steve Oldmeadow <steve_at_smoco.com>
Date: 11/05/03
On 4 Nov 2003 at 18:06, Gerhard Fasol wrote:

> 21.4% in 1999 is the pentration of HOUSEHOLDS not
> the internet usage overall in Japan!

The stats are actually % of people using the Internet not % of households although
in 1999 the stats were very close.  Checking the stats again, that figure includes
people accessing the Internet via cellular phones therefore the percentage of PC
based web surfers was even less than that.

> Probably higher than many (South) European countries
> at that time, and maybe similar to Germany.

Usage in other countries in 1999 is irrelevant to Bill's original query, what is relevant
is Internet usage now.

Please note I am not intending to criticise i-mode in any way, I offered up those
statistics in defence of Frank Rose's article.

Steve Oldmeadow