(keitai-l) Re: car cradle for Japanes phones

From: Paul Lester <paul_at_thetamusic.com>
Date: 11/29/03
    In Japan also the cradles that work with the regular charger
can also be used for the car... and the best place to ge the cradle
is from the phone manufacturer and its not universal.  (for Gerhard's reasons).

    In the US I was shocked when my phone came with no cradle!
Its weird here!!!  I wonder in the cradles here in the US can be used
for both car and USB/wall socket chargers.  They should be!

    I think one disparity here might be if the cradles that are being
questioned in the origial question are just for charging OR if they
actually have the data ports also connecting with the cradle.  In the
latter case..... it is a pain because the data ports can never be accessed
using a cradle,  because of that rubber doohickey on every phone
I have used (and I've used a lot of them).  But someone could come up
with a technical solution but no one has yet because there is no demand
for that yet.