(keitai-l) Re: car cradle for Japanes phones

From: Malcolm James <mj_at_translation.co.jp>
Date: 12/01/03
Paul Lester wrote:

>     I think one disparity here might be if the cradles that are being
> questioned in the origial question are just for charging OR if they
> actually have the data ports also connecting with the cradle.  In the
> latter case..... it is a pain because the data ports can never be accessed
> using a cradle,  because of that rubber doohickey on every phone
> I have used (and I've used a lot of them).  But someone could come up
> with a technical solution but no one has yet because there is no demand
> for that yet.

FWIW, the FOMA F2102V can be accessed via a standard USB connector on the
charging cradle. You can set it up to synch Address book and Calendar with
Outlook while it charges.

Malcolm
Malcolm James
Fontaine Limited, Kyoto
Japanese to English translation by native speakers
Tel: +81-75-821-4957 Fax: -822-2407
email: mj@translation.co.jp
web: http://www.translation.co.jp