(keitai-l) Re: AU emojis

From: Tracey Northcott <tracey_at_enfour.com>
Date: 12/02/03
Hi Bill,

>Is there a website where I can se the various emojis in use?
Each of the carriers have their own site that shows the emoji.  I doubt
that there is one that shows all three side by side which is what I
imagine you are asking.

I have built my own for my own purposes...  will I share it?  Sorry but
it is for internal use and I think that you will find this is the case
for others who have done this for themselves.  It does take a only a bit
of work to do.

>In our chat application, we're using a 'page' in the Unicode character
>set for our 'icons'.  On the server we map our stuff and visa-versa to
>AOL and MSN IM's icon codes.
>
>I'm wondering if there shouldn't be a standards effort on this topic.

Most established content developers have developed their own way of doing
this - usually in PHP.  Again it is usually for internal use only and
individuals have done this based on their own needs.

Sorry not to be of more help, but perhaps another developer will be able
to share their secrets.  (^^)

Best,
Tracey

"Have you had your daily Tango today?"