(keitai-l) Re: nooper > valueclick

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 12/09/03
>your
>worst fears will not come true as long as Tom, I and the original
>team work on Nooper.

...and that is the problem, and the reason I left your service so
quickly. We can rely on personal information collected when one joins
Nooper (which may include password and userid to a POP account) being
teated with decency ONLY because of the presence of certain individuals
in the company, rather than because it is mandated by a privacy
agreement. And those people may leave, or be over-ruled.

Of course, privacy agreements give protection ranging from the weak to
the non-existant and may not survive a transfer of company ownership but
they are at least something to point at and hold a company to account
over, and their existence a "good thing".

I forbore from making a public fuss about this while Nooper was privately
owned, but now that Value Click have taken over I don't feel so
constrained.

Please get yourself a proper privacy policy that states what uses can
expect to happen to the data that they give you. I do not doubt that your
"word" is well intentioned and sincere - but it is no longer adequate now
that Valueclick pull the strings.

Nick