(keitai-l) Web mirror of list (was Re: nooper > valueclick)

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 12/09/03
Nick May wrote:
>>PS: I noticed Keitai-L has no privacy policy either ;)
>
> Please feel free to take the matter up with the list owner. But since the
> entire list is mirrored on the web, I am puzzled as to what PRIVATE
> information you might think exists to have a policy about!

There is still *ONE* thing about the web mirror that has been promised
(quite som time ago), but still hasn't been resolved:

Although email addresses are reasonably mangled, the message IDs are not
and as they typically resemble email addresses, we see a fair amount of
spam being sent to message IDs that are part of this list - pretty
obviously as a result of harvesting the web mirror (if anyone *ON* the
list would like to harvest addresses he/she would not be stupid enough
to accidentally use a message ID).

You may not think this is a privacy issue, but it certainly is annoying
to me as postmaster. I also won't claim that keitai-l is the ONLY list
with a web mirror that causes this, but it sure was the only single
source in the cases that I tracked down.

		Just my 0.2 SEK / Jonas
--
Jonas Petersson  |  XMS Penvision  |  mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se
Box 3294, Västgötegatan 13, S-600 03 Norrköping | http://www.xms.se/