(keitai-l) Re: Japanese Kaitai producers poor global strategy

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 12/12/03

> Samsung is already driving innovation.  They won the most
> IDEA awards last year (tied with Apple) as well as in 2000
> or 2001 if I remember correctly.

Apple is a real innovator in digital music in terms of
understanding what  the market really needs.

Steve Jobs has a personal blog:

http://justonemorething.com/

In the same way Korea has been able to design the rights
products at the right moment.

> No, I don't work for Samsung or hold their stock (though I
> wish I had bought it in 2001 after visiting their design
> studios - would have paid off handsomely :)

I think you did the right investment. After getting a very
interesting market share in high value camera phones now
they are moving to the higher end.

LG looks like is going to enter the high-end market with
a new business oriented phone based on Symbian
that looks like a different version of SC8000.

This phone will compete directly with Series 60 based
phones and UIQ P800-P900.

This is a very good move as Symbian is getting popular
in EU thanks to a good support of software developers
and very well designed mobile-focused features.

Completing the product line, something that no JP
based producer has been able to achieve, will give a serious opportunity
to gain more markets share.

Giovanni