(keitai-l) Re: VGS and V801SA battery life

From: <Martyn_Williams_at_idg.com>
Date: 01/21/04
Kyle,

Yeah, I already got that reply from Vodafone. Three times its happened when
the handset has been at home and stationary and once (today) in the office.
All four times the signal was showing maximum. I also had it in a basement
restaurant the other day, switched on with no signal so constantly
searching I presume, and it survived and I could even use it for email on
the train on the way home.

It seems a little wierd that under low signal conditions it dies in a few
hours when strong signals supposedly allow 170 hours on standby.

Martyn

                      Kyle Barrow
                      <kyle@pukupi.com>        To:       keitai-l@appelsiini.net
                                               cc:       (bcc: Martyn Williams/NEWS SERVICE/IDG)
                      01/21/2004 17:27         Subject:  (keitai-l) Re: VGS and V801SA battery life
                      Please respond to
                      keitai-l

Somewhere in the small print it mentions the V801SA consumes more power
under low signal conditions.

Is this a problem of all 3G mobiles as battery life is more or less
stable when roaming (2G GSM)?

Kyle

--

http://pukupi.com