(keitai-l) unable to trap joystick events for a panel

From: RaviSankar Tripuramallu <rstripur_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 02/26/04
Hi,
I am trying the following code to trap joystick events say, DISPLAY.KEY_LEFT while using a panel in IApplication.
I could trap all the other key events except for joystick key events? I am also successfull in trapping the joystick key events using processEvent() in the case of a canvas. Can any one suggest a different approach for trapping joystick events for a Panel?

import com.nttdocomo.ui.*;
import com.nttdocomo.io.*;
public class Sample2_11 extends IApplication{
  public void start(){
   IappPanel mypanel = new IappPanel();
   Display.setCurrent(mypanel);
   }
}
class IappPanel extends Panel implements KeyListener{
  Label label;
  Label label2;
 IappPanel(){
  setTitle("KeyListener Test");
  label = new Label("Key:");
  label2 = new Label("");
  setLayoutManager(null);
  add(label);
  add(label2);
  label.setLocation(0,20);
  label2.setLocation(40,20);
  setKeyListener(this);
 }
 public void keyPressed(Panel p,int key){
  System.out.println("Key pressed ....");
  if(key == Display.KEY_LEFT)
   label2.setText("KEYLEFT");
  else
   label2.setText("Key pressed ....");
 }
 public void keyReleased(Panel p,int key){
 }
}

thanks very much!

Ravi