(keitai-l) Re: Is H3G's poor performance killing the partnerships and handsets?

From: Darren Luckett <darren_at_www.ukmedia.us>
Date: 03/11/04
> I was wondering about H3G capability of having exclusive phones in
> teh future in a moment when the suppliers will have to satisfy all
> the major operators entering the 3G market.

not much chance i would say. a sure sign off of a weak product is constant
price drops - they are the bargin-bin of operators.

> Anyway it is really clear that DoCoMo is moving very badly with
> their investments.

They are "moving" a lot less badly than Vodafone and its debt. how quickly
can one forget the massivley overpriced mannesmann purchase? or indded the
at&t, Omnitel, J-phone ... the list goes on. check the figures - see hoew
much debt vodafone have.

> They should have adopted a certified WAP instead of the stupid
> choice of pushing for their proprietary technology. A "superiority
> sin".

Adopted WAP, you must be joking. its only now after 4 years of relentless
development that wap can even stand in the same league as docomo and ihtml.
oh yes, vodafone live, isnt that brillant - i dont think so. what about the
user paying huge data charges for the stupidly over graphical sites that
satisfy marketing rather than the customer. what about the lack of decent
wap sites - one or two excepts. what about the non conformity of the wap
devices - docomo addressed this problem from the start.

have u seen docomo xhtml site? i expect not. sublime example of xhtml and
low data download as well.

no the sun doesnt sign out of docomo a**, there prioretary systems do
sometimes remind of aol. but there handsets do not compare to aols terrible
browser.

>They ended up with 2 basic phones supplied by brands with no
> customers in EU.

the eu phones are near par with gsm/wap phones. docomo are plannin to
release n900i in europe soon.
maybe when youve seen one of them you will change ur view.

darren