(keitai-l) Copy e-mail from phone to computer

From: Lance Fetters <ashikase_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 03/20/04
Sorry if this is a simple question, but...

I'm getting ready to buy a new phone (same provider, au), but don't want to
lose my stored e-mail messages. Is there any way to download the messages
from the phone?

I've tried Keitai Master (v10), but it was only able to download my CMail.
I also noticed that au has an IMAP server, and can apparently be accessed by
PC, but it would seem that you still have to connect through the cellphone,
thus incurring packet charges.

So... is there anyway to do it, short of forwarding all the messages to a
PC-accessible email account (which wouldn't be cheap)?

Thanks in advance,

- Lance F.