(keitai-l) Re: Nvidia and ATI strengthening mobile phone ties

From: Joseph Bowbeer <jozart_at_blarg.net>
Date: 03/24/04
3D has been available on Japanese handsets for a couple years.  I believe
the support is entirely software.  Apparently software-only 3D works well on
these small screens.

The article says that Qualcomm says that ATI's chip will boost their current
(software?) performance from 100,000 triangles per second to 3-4 million
triangles per second, which is better than Playstation 1.

I wonder if this level of performance is really needed on the smaller phone
screens.  (Like won't the triangles be really tiny? :0)