(keitai-l) Re: nokia 6230 , does java apps have access to memory ?

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 04/06/04
Hi Benjamin,

Benjamin KRIEF wrote:
> does java apps have access to the phone memory  , especially the memory
> card, or the inboard 8mo of ram ?

Nope. Not the phone book either.

> it can sounds stupid , but the phone let you send pictures and video
> through email, but only via the mms settings.

Correct. In fact, the current firmware appears to be broken so you can't
even take pictures from a Java app. Emulator works and several other
phones, but not the 6230.

> very nice, but it can't send attachments , and btw , it's not very clear
> when you read the specs..

As long as you craft the whole SMTP dialogue you can send attachements.
In fact, we practise this over http for our "Send your pictures as a
physical postcard to your friends" app that I've mentioned earlier in
this list.

> so i'm asking myself : is it possible to find a java app who will be able
> to send through standard gprs email the pictures i've taken with the
> phone.

Yup. DIY works.
				/ Jonas
--