(keitai-l) Re: location based gaming

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 04/07/04
Just following up on myself after getting some help from the javahz list.
The Docomo i-area service is conceivably being used in the train app,
although it seems this can't be accesssed directly from a 3rd party java
app, since it requires access to a docomo server which is not the one
that the appli was downloaded from.  Although I think official Docomo
developers can get permission to access other web servers - so it might
be possible to combine all these things in an official appli.

So it looks like it's easy to build imode sites that use iarea, but not
so easy with iappli ...

http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/mc-user/i/iarea_o.html
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/p_s/imode/iarea/
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/p_s/imode/iarea/openiarea030509.pdf