(keitai-l) Re: operators performance in March

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 04/07/04
(1)
> Is the technical inferiority relevant?

a lot man.  a lot of failures of the i-mode service are result of
the technical incapabilities, many deep in the design (and many I
don't know but I do know DoCoMo and NEC cannot solve them).

the retry is one thing that i-mode was wrong from the beginning
(fairly speaking, the i-mode developers in 1998 had understanding
of neither wireless nor Internet).

the i-mode mail is also designed as such that it's difficult to
send data out.  the original 500 byte limit is a fatal one that
allowed good advantage to J-Phone Sha-Mail.

today, 900i handsets can send no more than 10,000 bytes of data,
including the HTML decorations and attachments, a rather harsh
limit for the MMS or decomail to be useful (and yes, they call
it "freedom of mobile multimedia access" - FOMA).

in contrast, au/KDDI can send messages of 100-150 KB, while
Vodafone.jp's VGS can do 200 KB.

(2)
today is the birthday of

Atomu/Astro Boy, born on 2003/04/07 at the Ministry of Science in
Takanobaba, Tokyo to Dr. Ochanomizu

RFC/Internet, born on 1969/04/07 at the UCLA to Steve Crocker

happy birthdays!