(keitai-l) Re: location based gaming

From: Michael Sydenham <michaelsydenham_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 04/08/04
>From: dc <dc@wm.namco.co.jp>

>why havent you done the game for brew phones? my understanding is that
>many verizon phones have GPS api...
>deck placement? brew model has no way to get on-menu without spending
>much time/money on QC/NSTL etc? your french heritage p-)

Speaking just for myself, I think BREW's a lot more of a pain to develop &
certify compared to Java development. If I were a foreign developer, I'd do
Java first too - easier to develop & deploy during prototyping/testing
phase.

>kddi commitment to selling java handsets seems to wane by the day

I don't think that is true. KDDI publically stated last year they would stop
producing Java handsets, and then they brought out at least 2 new handsets
by year end, and more handsets were released this year with Java. I think
they are sitting on the fence - see how each platform goes, especially now
their Java implementation has improved in performance (it was genuinely
woefully slow in Phase 2 era).

Michael.