(keitai-l) Re: PDA/Keitai

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_pukupi.com>
Date: 04/12/04
On 2004 Apr 09, , at 15:51, nick may wrote:

> I am in the market for a PDA - before I splash out on one I just wanted
> to check the state of play with the latest keitai.
>
> Does any keitai on the JP market offer adequate PDA functionality?

Most have pretty decent address books although none have the unlimited
phone, email and address fields of Address Book. The calendars on all
the mobiles I play with are pretty lame.

> Is there anything that will sync with ical on the Mac?

http://www.reudo.co.jp/ksync_mac/index.html hooks in with iSync for
iCal and Address Book synchronisation but W-CDMA 3G mobiles (DoCoMo,
Vodafone) are not supported (yet). Most mobiles support vCal and vCard
formats.

> is there anything with a decent keyboard or handwriting recognition?
>
> Nick

Nick, surely you're able to punch in text as quickly as any Johnny
Mobile ;)

Kyle

--

http://pukupi.com