(keitai-l) Re: Mobile 3D Users & Future Trends

From: Pablo Lopez Jamar <pjamar_at_playw.com>
Date: 04/23/04
    Hi Nick,

  i am also new on this forum (hi to all the people here), but i think i
can give some information about this :)   I've seen, some days ago, the
aproval of the JSR 239: 'JavaTM bindings to the OpenGL ES (Embedded
Subset) native 3D graphics library'. I know that this don't mean that it
will be adopted, but i think it could help :)

Regards,
   Pablo

Nick Rossiter wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>I'm new to Keitai-L, but found the archives a great source on my topic
>of interest - mobile 3D.
>
>Does anyone have any info on who are the lead adopters of mobile 3D
>content (is it teens & 20-something guys playing games, girls with 3D
>Tamagotchi's, Salarymen playing Slot Machine-like games, others???).
>
>Also, will 3D capability be a standard feature? (possibly required to
>run new user interfaces)?? Would love to hear any views on the future
>trends of mobile 3D.

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]

--
	*Pablo López-Jamar
*Ingeniería de Software