(keitai-l) Subject: Re: Mobile 3D Users & Future Trends

From: ロブ T. <bethor_rt_at_yahoo.co.jp>
Date: 04/23/04
Hello,

There is nothing to "catch up" to. Sure the JSR184/m3g API
is bigger, but that does not mean its better. The API used
here was designed by game developers, for game developers
and feature-wise its a good match for the current
hardware. That is why, like you mentioned, it has become
well established.
In terms of acceptance, its the west that needs to catch
up.

Furthermore, what makes you think east will stand still?
The Japanese mobile hardware and software makers are
working closely to again raise the technology bar - you
will see what I mean very soon =)

regards,

Rob