(keitai-l) Re: Mobile 3D Users & Future Trends

From: ロブ T. <bethor_rt_at_yahoo.co.jp>
Date: 04/25/04
Hello Paul,

>Hardware acceleration can help if it is well-designed and
attached >to fast busses.

Indeed CPU to GPU bus speed is also an issue for hardware
accelerated phones. The amount of data being handed to the
GPU during the geometry stage is usually smaller than the
rasterizer memory usage, so things are bit better. Still,
depending on the content, the bus can quickly become the
bottleneck.

By the way, I am curious. What features do you think
should be added/modified in the next revision of the m3d
API?

> I just think it's useful not to dismiss what happens in
the > > West because in
> the past Japanese
> handsets have undoubtedly been superior. There are
> things we can learn from all markets.

Agreed. I am confident we'll see some inovations from
western companies as well.

regards,

Rob