(keitai-l) V801SH and SIM lock

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 04/26/04
I saw this phone in shop today.  though one may say it's not even
as good as J-SH53 a year ago (100 KB V-appli instead of 256 KB),
I think it's good enough for most people other than keitai otaku's.

one of my complains is that often I need a local number.  besides
money saving with a prepaid card, I find that people will call me
significantly less if I give them an international number.

so is there any trick to disable the simlock on a Vodafone handset?
I'll still have to use Voda to check my 'vo' and 'da' mails and
receive forwarded calls from Vodafone when 'roaming'.

cheers,

Ken