(keitai-l) Re: hardware performance for 3D mobile gaming phone

From: Liu, Yang <Yang.Liu_at_sseg.de>
Date: 05/12/04
hi, guys I read the article about "mobile 3D users& future Trends"of you, that was really great and interresting!! here I have some related Questions:

first.if I use more powerful CPU like ARM11 330MHz, and Graphic accelerator as application processor about 120 MHz, the work memory SDRAM.how can I calculate the CPU bus Speed, also the memory access Speed?

Paul, you said "a QVGA screen is 320 by 240 pixels,  you are writing 153,600 bytes per frame - or 1.5Mbytes per second for a 10 fps 16 bit display, 3Mbytes for a 18bit display. "
what is this bandwidth? is this memory access Speed?  and for the 10fps, how to define this value?

3.who can provide me some Hardware specifications about N-gage and N-gage 2?? e.x how big is the work memory(SDARM?), also the main Clock rate, bus width...
the old N-gage can performance 30 frame per second on 176x208 display resolution, but without Graphic accelerator!!!!( such a high fps????)
and the new N-gage with MBX Graphic accelerator, maybe an more powerful application processor, how good performance can it provide is still a question