(keitai-l) Re: Premini

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 05/16/04
I have not seen this phone in the "flesh" as it were, but I think for
one class of user the problem with the current top end behemoth
cam/mp3/kitchen-sink phones is not so much that we don't WANT the
additional functions they have, just that we are fussy and want those
functions "done better" than they can be implemented currently.

So, yes, I want a PIM, an MP3/OGG player and a camera. I would love a
box that would execute all these functions well. But no phone I have
seen to date DOES do them all well (with bags of storage, a decent lens
on the camera, full PDA functions with good synch capability).

And that is why this phone is interesting. It does the "phone things"
in a small package. So if I have to carry a second box (camera, ipod or
pda) at least my first box won't hog a lot of space.

This isn't just for those who don't want to do much besides telephony,
it is also for those who want to do a LOT besides telephony and are not
prepared to mess around with the compromised solutions that are offered
currently with phones.

For the "two GOOD boxes are better than one large crappy box" crowd,
this is a godsend....

Current camphones are EMACS. Premini is Pico...

Nick