(keitai-l) Re: Testing i-mode in the UK

From: dc <dc_at_wm.namco.co.jp>
Date: 05/18/04
>   you just need a KPN or Wind or BouygTel SIM, and then a local UK operator with a working GPRS agreement with the selected i-mode MNO.

Are you sure this is correct? I heard of problems but this might have
been teething issues. I think the data roaming was not working, and also
actually registering for official sites while roaming was a problem. The
SIM card was i-mode, the phone was i-mode but somehow the SSID would not
get transferred unless you were actually on a real i-mode network.

The other problem is once you have registered for a site, you cannot
cancel and try again - the reg stays active until the end of the month.
So to dev and really bugtest your signup/unsub system required a bank of
devices (this is not related to data roaming tho).

I guess there are i-mode people on the list who can clarify the
situation, and it may have changed recently.

/dc

from [ "Giorgio Andreoli (RM/TEI)" <giorgio.andreoli@ericsson.com> ] on [ Mon, 17 May 2004 14:44:11 +0200 ]

>   you just need a KPN or Wind or BouygTel SIM, and then a local UK operator with a working GPRS agreement with the selected i-mode MNO.

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]