(keitai-l) Antwort: Re: Testing i-mode in the UK

From: Robert Martignoni <Robert.Martignoni_at_eplus.de>
Date: 05/18/04
Hi dc,

actually there is no work-around or testing possibility for the
subscription part. Until now, there has never been any major problem with
setting-up the subscription routine.

However, if you need any technical support, or if I can do some testing for
me, let me know. I have here lots of i-mode hand-sets with several SIM
cards.

Cheers,
Robert

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]

>   you just need a KPN or Wind or BouygTel SIM, and then a local UK
operator with a working GPRS agreement with the selected i-mode MNO.

Are you sure this is correct? I heard of problems but this might have
been teething issues. I think the data roaming was not working, and also
actually registering for official sites while roaming was a problem. The
SIM card was i-mode, the phone was i-mode but somehow the SSID would not
get transferred unless you were actually on a real i-mode network.

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]