(keitai-l) Device Management in Japan

From: Jan Michael Hess <jan_at_mobileeconomy.de>
Date: 05/18/04
Dear keitai-lovers,

I have just posted a nice interview with Berlin-based
device management company Synchronica on mobiliser.org:
http://www.mobiliser.org/article?id=77

I would like to ask you for your experience and information
regarding how device management is handled in Japan.
I assume it is managed mainly by the operators although
I have heard about a deal between Bitfone and SonyEricsson.

I would appreciate any comment on the subject and your
opinion regarding standard-based solutions working with
SnycML-DM vs. proprietary solutions. Are there any strong
software providers in Japan focused on device management?

Thanks and best regards from Berlin,

Jan.

Jan Michael Hess
CEO, Mobile Economy