(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo MelodyCall

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 05/28/04
John,

DoCoMo announced that they had 300,000 MelodyCall subscribers in
three weeks, over 500,000 within the two month half price campaign.
no number was released since that I know, should have 2 mln by now.

MelodyCall is for all i-mode mova/FOMA phone users, only that FOMA
video call is not supported.  non-DoCoMo users are blocked out.

why i-mode is because it's the standard service setting interface.
Koreans use IVR which is easier but costs some extra voice minutes.

the MelodyCall users are in isolated groups.  it spreads through
mail friends.  should hire CDC/WHO epidemic experts to study this.

would please tell me the initial investment and break-even point?

cheers,

Ken