(keitai-l) Re: The first FOMA T bluetooth mobiles arrive

From: Petri Ojala <ojala_at_iki.fi>
Date: 06/02/04
> Adding Bluetooth may only cost a few hundred
> yen extra in hardware, but in support costs is
> significant. In Europe, most people only seem to use
> it for wireless headphone/microphone gizmos, which I
> am guessing is somewhat less challenging than using it
> for connectivity, where you have two devices with far
> too many setting options (three if you count whatever
> remote server you are accessing).

While Bluetooth protocol isn't exactly the most elegant in design (too
much telco-people behind), I would suggest that anyone who things that
Bluetooth is difficult to configure and use would try to use BT with
Apple's MacOS X.  That's how things should be done.

I've yet to have a single BT problem with the Mac.  Transferring
address book entries, pictures/audio in and out, etc. have worked out
smoothly (Nokia 6230).  I also have a Jabra BT headset but I've
actually used it more with the Mac (phone client) than with the mobile
phone.  The problems are mostly on the phone, configuring Internet
access through GPRS and BT isn't made easy and there are some stupid
things, like when you already have the BT connection up, it wants to
disconnect and reconnect to transfer an address book entry.

Windows users are such a winners..

Petri