(keitai-l) Re: Game Sales

From: dc <dc_at_wm.namco.co.jp>
Date: 06/03/04
Bill -

What is the "typical" mobile game? I would pose the stats vary hugely
by company. Startups like Sumea make not-famous games, but get them
everywhere. Other companies may have bigger brands but weak S&D.

For Japan:

Games are not usually sold one-by-one but as a game-pack, a
concept that is currently completely missing elsewhere. It's basically
the best way for non-hardcore gamers to get into mobile games, but
carriers outside seem to still package games like Playstation product,
aiming at gamers and using the same racking concept.
Even though everyone knows who is buying mobile games - mass market.

gamepack sites near the top of i-mode menu have >250K subs
sites <10 (eg on the second page) have ~20k users.

AFA other stats, we have announced some figures like:

on japan Vodafone only, ridgeracer (3D race game):
100K DLs in six weeks

on japan i-mode only, taito no tatsujin (drumming game)
has ~250K subs (and rising) paying $3/month

Maybe other people can share off-list their experiences in the US/EU, I
would be interested to compare notes.

/dc

from [ <bvolk@bonusmobile.com> ] on [ Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:54:29 -0700 ]

>   All,
>   	What does the typical mobile game sell (USA, Japan, Europe).
>   I'm not talking about the BEST selling title, just a typical Java mobile
>   game.
>
>   Bill
>

>   This mail was sent to address lister@pikkle.com

お疲れ様です、DCです。