(keitai-l) Re: Interesting WI-FI music solution from Apple

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 06/10/04
humm this looks interesting for everything we have discussed so far:

AirPort Express a hint to wireless iPod?

June 9 - 15:51 EDT   Macworld editor Jason Snell believes that iPods
will eventually boast built-in AirPort or Bluetooth, allowing the
device to stream music wirelessly via the new AirPort Express base
station. "When I really dug into the details of AirPort Express, the
first thing I thought of was a handheld, iPod-like remote control that
let you choose playlists, browse albums, and the rest -- basically
letting you do everything you could from iTunes, without having to walk
over to a computer and pick up a mouse. At which point I had to ask
myself: why not just stick AirPort inside the iPod and let iPods stream
their music directly to AirPort Express-driven speakers? What better
iPod-like remote control could there be?

We can expect an iPod able to connect directly to the Apple Music Store
without the need of any PC or Mac?

Giovanni