(keitai-l) Re: Yet Another New Phone

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 06/16/04
(1)
one important factor behind Opera and the like is flat-rate data.
that's why PHS.  I think in Japan, au/KDDI is the choice if you are
data heavy and TU-KA is the best if you only want to talk.

use a local prepaid when go abroad.  I know many Japanese do that,
though I agree VGS and au/KDDI's roaming are more convenient.

(2)
call forward is similar to number portability.  actually it's one
of solutions.  I think it can be called poor man's MNP like i-mode
is poor man's WAP.

one trick to keep a number at low cost is to change it to prepaid.

btw, it seems to me that some in Vodafone.jp are eager to have MNP.
everyone envy DoCoMo's rich business customers but have they done
the research that they won't lose more customers to the rivals?

many of us love Vodafone.jp, but, a big but, we don't do business
to meet the requirements of ourselves.  we are not Japanese.