(keitai-l) State of the market for video content ?

From: Chas Sweeting <charlie_at_skinnyhippo.com>
Date: 06/22/04
To be honest, I have still yet to meet anybody in
Japan who has actually used their phone for anything
other than email/text, voice and shamail. Ok, there
was one guy who had played a few Java games.
Melodies and ringback seem to be popular too.

However, any video I've seen on a phone has been
recorded by the phone's owner and therefore has
never been sent/received over the network, and is
of no commercial value (to content provider or
operator).

So, I'm wondering - just what is the market like
in terms of video content - in terms of supply,
as well as demand ?

cheers,

Chas

ps. Disclaimer: I've been travelling in the somewhat
more inaka (rural) areas of Japan ...